As coaches we often support leaders and teams to find ways to finish, close or end well. It may be the completion of a project, the end of a role or the final chapter of a career. It’s sad to hear stories of poor endings, unfinished business or unacknowledged achievements. When insufficient attention has been given to ending well, the negative impact on a leader or a team can be unhelpful baggage that holds them back in the future.
We support leaders to think and plan for ending well with a goal of celebration, achievement, wholeness and completion. When endings are fractious, unsatisfactory or an unacknowledged fading out, opportunities to affirm, learn and grow are missed. We believe that resilient leaders are proactive in ending well. They devote thought, time, energy and resources to completing brilliantly. As we come to the end of 2019, here are a few questions which we hope will support you to complete the year well:
- What was your biggest achievement in 2019?
- What was your most important learning this year?
- What are you grateful for in 2019?
- What do you need to let go of and leave behind in 2019?
- What do you need to do to end 2019 really well?
- What would a complete 2019 look like for you/your team?
As you reflect on 2019 and look forward to 2020 we would like to wish you a refreshing holiday with lots of breathing space and time to recharge your batteries for a successful year ahead.
The TOWARD Team